View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
justme1969
Master EcoModder

I started adding to that now mabe its extreme or even illegal but I shut car off also.
I have a stick shift Kia that I disconnected the power steering from so there is no ill effects felt by me. I go into work a little early so as to take my time and cruise@67mph on hiway. I have 45 miles of slightly rolling interstate hills and 6 stop lights 3 signs.
At night my lights flick off for 1 second as I switch off ignition when going down hills or coasting a stop light.
Works well and if light switches fast I nudge it into 4th and car rolls on with little lost.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
This is not recomended for everyone! test your car in a safe location first you may suffer steering, and brake losses!!! My car does not have these issues now Ive modified it with a second inline brake booster check valve and run purely upon the rack and pinion no hydraulics.

Last edited by justme1969; 01-08-2013 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: dont want others to get hurt!