View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
ae86driftmaster
drive drift dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
I highly doubt you'll see an mpg increase with this mod. The general practice is warm air for better mileage in gasoline engines, not colder air. This is especially the case with carburated vehicles which specifically warm the intake manifold to promote vaporization which helps fuel efficiency.

I used to make some of these for the smaller Toyota engines. I specifically didn't install them on the Paseo for this reason.

im not sure either if it will improve my mpg's ..i just got this car recently never did a mpg test .....but i seen many posts & dyno vids on horsepower gains using these spacers on carb, fuel injected, & turbo..now on the warm vs cold fuel I dont know... i read so many pro/cons about that issue....im going with race teams have been doing...and automotive companies are switching to plastic plenums now ...so there has to be some type gain why they are doing it?...
far as i now the 87 corolla SR-5 from dealer was 25 city 35 highway with the 4ac single overhead 1.6...the previous owner swapped it with a 3tc 1.8 ...