View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
ae86driftmaster
drive drift dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
11 inch wheels for 250hp? I'm no suspension/racing expert but that seems a bit much. The wheel and bolt-on arch look really great (!) but is it worth the extra rotational mass? Are you an autocross geek? Track-day kinda person? Or is it going to be more street car than anything?

I understand doing it for looks. Because it'll look really, really good. But it seems a bit strange to come on here and ask if a few pounds of weight savings will improve your fuel economy on a 4AG track toy with oversized wheels. Because while many here race, we convene on this forum to talk about economy.
yes i plan to do auto cross and circuit type racing ...i dont plan to add a super wide tire maybe a 245 on the rear...a slight stretch and a 205 in the front..(not sure yet)...cuz i plan to get another set of wide wheel depending on what i find one set will be the race set the other will be the drive around set

the rim only weighs 17lbs for a 15x11inch wide the front are 15 lbs..these are ssr's very are light and rare. the tire should add another 10lbs .i found a guy that was selling these and i jump on it ..you cant find these this size / offset in the states...stock was around 40lbs for a 14x6 inch rim/tire lol

ae86 circuit cars run 10 in the rear and 9 or 8 in the front ....here is a vid
you''ll see what they are using..& i planning to get aem water meth kit whicj add another 25hp when needed.. i might go turbo later on 300-350 or swap in a 2jz or a 1uzfe if money really plays right....
http://youtu.be/cEvePfeD3bc

Last edited by ae86driftmaster; 01-08-2013 at 10:35 PM..