Thread: Sooner or later
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
NSTAAFL

No such thing as a free lunch!
My brother had a huge diesel Chevy truck that was totalled due to salt water. The salt water never touched the floor of the cab and he knew exactly where the level had been. They gave him, $24,000 and he kept the truck (valued at 7k salvage).

We checked the tranny and diff, no salt water contamination. Never replaced a single part on the truck and later sold it for close to $30k.

Knowledge is a powerful tool, expecially when combined with a dogged determination to succeed.

I can fix just about anything, which means the question is how much does it cost and how long will it take. In the case of this Prius C I have plenty of time, suffecient capital, and the facility. All are paid in full and the capital is not doing well in other investments. I don't even have to fix the car, just part it out and sell the parts and easily double (or triple) my money, but it would take 5 years. I also have a friend who is the service manager at the local Toyota dealership who would give me technical help fairly inexpensively.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 01-09-2013 at 03:31 PM..