View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #107 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
Lean burn ( vtec-e) will naturally have a hesitation( power increase) when it coming out of lean burn. Normal operation with a good sensor- when you have it in lean burn and you are holding the pedal to keep it in lean burn the car should feel like its power is bleeding off but the engine should be running smoothly. With the a08 sensor I would hold it in lean burn but it would surge, feel like he engine is shutting of and restarting, feels kind of like a misfire. It's a night and day difference. In the 300 lb heavier 4 door it's way harder to tell when it's going into lean burn and coming out of it. Your crx should be easy to tell when its coming in and out because it's lighter.

As for where to get a good one I got mine from our main part supplier. If you don't want to go to a Honda dealer or get it from a Honda dealer online I would try a local part supplier that deals with commercial often and is reputable(napa) and if you get one remember to check the number befOre you open the plastic bag it's in