View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #109 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
in normal operation in 1st gear the sensor didnt stumble at all. and when i put a load on it on the highway to pull a hill it didnt stumble at all when i was kicked out of lean burn. just cruising in lean burn you could feel the stumble or when accelerating through the gears sometimes you could feel the stumble block you and you would kind of have to push through the sh*&#y lean burn to accelerate. its a pain to drive but it didnt set any check engine lights.

narrow band o2s (most cars) have a voltage range from .00 to 1 volt. wide band o2 sensors operate totally differently. there are several write ups on here i think it might be tomO, nachritter, or someone correct me? where they attached a volt meter to the o2 sensor wires. the vx sensor operates between -.5 and .5 volts i believe. a positive voltage meant you are in lean burn so you are correct. but it will not create more power. an engine does make the most power right before detonation but with air fuel ratios as high as 23:1 i doubt any power can be made safely. and if some one tries it will have to be with a chipped ecu and dyno tested. im no expert but thats what i would assume.

the box number is the part that sucks. my a09 ngk box has the same 24300 number as your a08 but its made in different places thats why some are cheaper than others and thats why some arent made to the right parameters. only way to tell is open the box and look at the other numbers. also if you find brand new ones for like 100 bux they are most likely going to be the number other than a09.

someone correct me if im off with my numbers of the vx o2 sensor voltages.