View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
ncc74656m
Zerg Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Ncc74656m, I would have hit the first car, possibly the second, and would then realize there were cars around the corner.

I wish that my reflexes were much better along with my focus, memory, and brevity.

What is the difference between using a kill switch and a functioning DFCO? Since mine does not work, I have wanted a kill switch for the big hills between here and my parents' house, but if I cannot do that either, I just dislike having an automatic that much more!
Hah, thanks Xist. Like I said, I credit everyone but me, and as unbelievable as that is, all true. Believe me, I'd never make up something like that, too crazy.

AFAIK a kill switch performs the same function, but the DFCO is the automatic version? Not certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrefugeisintheLord View Post
Ncc74656m, that's a good example why I TOTALLY avoid the freeways and heavy traffic areas! It's worth taking a few extra minuets for a more enjoyable drive!!

I'm working on my kill switch!! But I'm having difficulties getting the momentary switch attached to the shifter... My first attempt didn't work (similar to JRMichler's). Back to the drawing board.
Good luck with your kill switch. I agree with your points, but expediency is in my nature. At least I've learned to slow down a lot.