View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #109 (permalink)
JethroBodine
MPG Militia HMV-25E80+A

FrankenJetta D - '90 Volkswagen Jetta GL
Boat tails and more mods
Diesel
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 64.35 mpg (US)
Had a bad Friday morning. Just after I dropped my son at school, one of the locals decided the rear of my car needed a reshape. Both tail lights are broken and the camera is also no more. The bottom cross bar is bent in about 1.5-2 inches and the bottom sheathing is rippled at the end. I didn't see any damage on his Subaru, but, honestly, I didn't really care about his car. The main framework held up well and there shouldn't be any major obstacles for fixing.

After work I patched the lenses as best I could with clear packing tape until I can get new light assemblies. I heard from a friend in town( I work out of town so I don't really know many people around here) that he has a reputation for being somewhat... confrontational and difficult. I didn't really see that today. He seemed quite apologetic and helpful... once I climbed out of my car. The changing of his expression from when I first started out of the car to when I stood fully upright was priceless.-

Quote:
It is always very amusing how our imagination is put to the test when overcoming reality. Redyaris
Boat tail project
How to gently bump start during EOC