View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
rustycrx
EcoModding Lurker

SaltyTeflon - '90 Honda CRX Si
Updates!

Ok I have the motor now, I picked it up two weeks ago.
I started by taking out the power steering pump and AC compressor. Took the valve cover off and squirted some Lucas break in oil on the valve train. Got a wrench on the crank and it turned over with out any issues at all. Got the hoist put together. The HF CRX Transmission is coming tomorrow. ECU is here I got that on Craigslist. It looks like I did not need the OBD2B to OBD2A harness adapter. The motor has a OBD2A harness which also means that I should have no issues with the IACV. With more investigation I think I found that ECU p2j-003 can handle 2 or 3 wire IACV You just need to wire them up them up to the right connectors. So a non-issue there; even if it was an issue, I have a good work around. The TPS sensor got whacked I might have to replace that. The EGR Solenoid was missing. I found a new replacement online at Advanced Auto. The BWD EGR296 should be a drop in replacement for this part. If not I will let you know. New water pump and timing chain assembly coming in. Thanks to Cuong-Nutz over at D-series.org for his great D15B parts guide. Umm lets see... I will be rebuilding the transmission, the syncros in the one I will be using are shot, shifting is a pita. I would like to add the first gear from a 2000 ex civic (I can get just that part from the dealer for not a bad price) but I am unsure if that will work, I'll wait until I pull the HF tranny apart to make that call. Cluster, will it work?? I have yet to find any information on this. Maybe I will post a question about this.. Picutres I've got pictures! I'll post it when i can.