View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #287 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,249 Times in 4,669 Posts
project update/downdate?

My apology to any members following this thread.I wanted to toss out some thoughts about Viking's future.
*Bonneville was kind of a bust.One mile is not enough to achieve terminal velocity.And since I never got out of 4th gear,I don't even know what the truck will do.
*So it doesn't make any sense to consider running Viking on the salt.With such low power I'm sunk as far as top speed goes.
*And Viking is heavy enough that it would exceed the weight limit for the load cells at the A2 Wind Tunnel,so there's no future in dragging it to North Carolina either.
*That leaves Plan-Z.I'll work on the honey-do list for the femme-bot until April,then work from then until September to complete the boat tail on the T-100.
*I'll create a faux 1-wheel undercarriage which I can attach under the tail at A2 with which to simulate a properly integrated,body-in-white,gap-filled,1-wheel trailer like I never finished for the CRX.
*With this configuration I'll be within the weight limit for A2 and we'll be able to measure the drag for the truck/'trailer' combo.
*Since they have a smoke-generator we'll be able to video record the airflow for You-Tube as so many other members have done.
*If I can get this far,we should have a sense of real world numbers for a proper gap-filled trailer application.And see how it jives with predictions.
*Then afterwards,I can complete the Viking project at my leisure.
*Anyway,thanks for hanging in there,and I'll check back in as things evolve.
BamZipPow (01-17-2013), KamperBob (01-27-2013), orbywan (01-18-2013), slowmover (01-20-2013)