View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #131 (permalink)
orbywan
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennored View Post
"There is 18 inches of taper occurring on the first 24 inches of the 4'6" of each rib."

You mean the skin on any side is 18" from the front in only 24" along the skin? Or 18" total narrowing on both sides? And it's basically straight after that? And the ribs started 4 1/2' long? Of the finished tail is 4 1/2'?

What is the total taper? It starts at 96" wide (or close to that) and narrows to what? Maybe 48" (half) judging from the pictures?

Just trying to get in my head what it looks like vs. the Dryden (and other) tails for my graph in the other thread.

Thanks!
The body is 94 inches wide with 18 inches of taper on both sides making the rearmost portion of the boat tail 58 inches wide. The first 24 inches of each rib is tapered, leaving the remaining length straight. The ribs are 4' 4" long before hammering in the taper, once they are installed they add a total of 4' to the overall length of the body. Capisce?

It looks very similar to the Dryden model except for the increased taper in the front and the fact that my corners are compound curves, vs the Dryden model's being 90 degree bends on the corners. I calculated the amount of overall taper and the overall length by measuring the Dryden model and following the proportions as closely as I could.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orbywan For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-19-2016), HHOTDI (01-18-2013)