View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tesla
Master EcoModder

The Truck - '02 Nissan GU Patrol ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbothrush View Post
I think this is a great project. I will be watching with interest. As far as construction goes I would continue with your mockup with the idea of possibly building a fiberglass/foam version to mount to your trailer once everything is sorted out. Just my opinion.
Thanks for posting
Looking like there is a good chance it will stay just as a prop and have to wait for the custom build, may just mount it flat in the interim period for utility purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I think the biggest problem the part you have has is that it doesn't taper to the rear. I wouldn't bother smoothing the corrugations on the top.

Here is the part I have to work with. It does have a big end and a little end (shown backwards), but even with that I calculate I would need to pie cut it and narrow the back another 6-8". So far I choose not to.
That's kind of where I am, trying to determine how much work is required and when it will hit the point of diminishing returns. There is a slight sideways taper created by angling up, but the base is a bit wider than the concept in my head anyway.