Thread: Diesel Metro?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
michigandiesel
Michigandiesel

Sorry for the long gap, I am the original poster of this thread about the Geo Metro with subframe damage. Indulge me as I tell the rest of the story. I spent most of the week between Christmas and New Years under that rusty ride. I did a lot of welding with my new flux core wire welder, I put a massive brace between the A-frames, patched a huge hole in the wheel well with steel plates, rivets and undercoating, replaced two struts cartridges and 4 wheels and tires. The final straw was putting decent tires on the front. With good traction, with each tire having it's own idea of which way to point, it was a death trap. As one tire would hit snow or ice, the one with traction would lurch to the right. The other side got some bite and pulled to the left. I got it up on a lift and saw that the A-Frames on the left was 2 " higher than the right one. It must have ben run up on a curb. I sold it for $400.00. A few weeks later it was back on sale. I called the seller and asked if he had had the bad frame repaired. He acted evasive, claimed that he had paid a welder $350 to fix it and that the engine had spun a bearing to boot since I sold it to him. The moral, be real careful, quit when you are behind and there is all ways some crook out there. I did try for a refund, but the seller had been deported. Thanks for letting me get this off my mind. Paul