View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #135 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
Their claims seem overrated. My VW diesel gets 50 mpg. My Mercedes about 30 mpg.

What turned me off was that to see their data you needed to send them 50 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
There's a place down in Georiga called Shade Tree Conversions; they do something rather unique, and that is putting FARM TRACTOR engines into vehicles! The good news is, since your Vicky is a '94, it is both OBD-exempt and also emissions-exempt if a diesel conversion if performed and the paperwork is filed at the MVC.

They have a demo F150 turbodiesel swap that averages around 40 MPG. Your car might be a bit of a slug off the line with the lack of HP and zero top end power, but 170 pounds of torque is enough to cruise at 65.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787