View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
ebacherville
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twerp View Post
If you ask me, the problem isn't the truck owner, it's stupid people. Find a way to tax stupidity, and you'll prolly hit all those rednecks in their loud, jacked up monster trucks who are burning fuel for the pure fun of it. You'll also get that chick sitting in her idling hummer, cranking the AC with the window open, while complaining on her cell phone about fuel prices. Heck, you'll also nail Joe Blow and all of his dumb punk friends. And just think about the tax income it would generate from some of the celebs and sports stars out there. Then again, I'm sure there are even some stupid people out there that have legitimate need for their trucks.
I totally agree, however stupid people tax them selfs.. untill they are broke and then go on welfare.. but thats a diffrent issue..

But yes some people need a truck every day.. I'm not saying they should go without.. however I know for a fact just looking at the parking lot at work that 95% of these large trucks and SUV's came with one person into to work and they don't have more that 4 people in the family.. this is not needed.