View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #433 (permalink)
Tesla
Master EcoModder

The Truck - '02 Nissan GU Patrol ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Yup.
My modelling skills don't support the blending you seek. That's the thought experiment, though; how to minimize the additional length.?
I actually meant that as to when you get to apply it in the real world on the vehicle, as for the model it is fine, my modeling is even cruder, but I can visualise the final result.

Quote:
Edit: Tesla, weren't you talking about a trailer? That could spin off as a new thread.?
Yes, it is in the pipeline, just don,t know how long the pipe is at the moment.
The trailer idea was why I got onto this binge, the more I thought about it, the more I realised how much I didn't know, so I think I am starting to get a better picture of the guidelines and restrictions now.
I still need to finalise the design idea, then consider materials and construction methods, tie that in with utility and run it all back through the design again before I even consider picking up any tools, but it will be a seperate thread when I start the project.

Quote:
No Coanda nozzles for you! How about a compound curve cap that hinges up like a trunk lid, over sliding van doors that meet each other at the apex of the boat-tail?
Everything I have read with regards to the nozzles puts them a couple of notches ahead of VG's, they do work, but careful design, testing and implementation is critical for a positive result.
As for the access to trailer load area, this is a major stumbling block with the boat tailing on a trailer as convention and practice dictates a big door at the rear for loading, so looking at different solutions for this and allowing some time to "look outside the box".