View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
CO 09 NAH
EcoModding Lurker

2009 NAH (slick) - '09 Nissan Altima
90 day: 45.99 mpg (US)
Smile Hello from Colorado!

Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker but a first time poster here in Ecomodder.

I am an Electrical Engineer with a co owned consulting firm. I primarily became interested in ecomodding not necessarily for the reasons most people do. My reasons were because I used to do competitive track days and any aerodynamic and efficiency advantage that I was able to use netted quicker overall lap times. Not only because my speed around the course was faster, but because I was using less fuel in the process and I didn't need to pit as often.

My two track cars (which sadly I don't have any more) were a '95 BMW M5 and a '92 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4. I kitted both of these cars with SuperMIDs, front air dams, deck lid extensions, and full under trays. And on the BMW with the high angle windshield I added a cowl cover that attached to the hood and ended just above the windscreen wipers to help decrease the high pressure area that develops there. I had to let both of these cars go due to the economy.

I now drive a 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid, which has given me a lifetime average of 46mpg mixed, and my wife drives a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid. I haven't made any modifications to the civic (my wife would probably kill me) but I have added a hot air intake and a grill block to my Altima. I plan on doing a full under tray on the Altima once summer sets in.

Anyways, I figured I would introduce myself instead of just lurking around forever.