Thread: Rented Camry LE
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lazarus
ECO-Evolution

Iron Horse (retired) - '97 Iron horse Intrepid

Ninja - '08 Kawasaki 250R
90 day: 76.23 mpg (US)
Rented Camry LE

Has another Dallas to Austin rental this weekend and had a 2008 Camry LE with I-VTEC engine. Was a great ride, smooth and quite. It felt heavy and stiff on the controls but over all very nice. The only complaints I had was that the my left arm could not comfortably fit on the top of the door or the armrest. So the whole drive I just had to hang on to the wheel with no support. There was no tint on the windows so that with 100 degree temps it took very little time before the temperature climbed to some pretty uncomfortable temperatures. There were some pretty big blind spots on the driver side with where the seat was postion and the door pillar for me. I had to really rely on mirrors because a turn of the head I could not see anything.

I'm a little hesitant to post the numbers but it is what it is. Trip back 234.4 miles and 5.4 gallons for 43.4 mpg. I don't know if the rent car slammed it full or there was pump error or a little bit of both but this was higher then I was expecting. Mostly highway top speed 60 MPH. ECO-driving 101 and working the AC with load.