View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
justme1969
Master EcoModder

Hmm all very good points! but thier mostly in the con side so Ill try to go pro.
If the battery is capable of absorbing the extra amps than yes It should because it wont be regulated on for as long.
If it is same sized I will bet it is just the regulator that was changed, but if you add an underdrive pulleyset up, It will assist you but ever so slightly. It is free to test with exception to your time and labour so go for it.
Would be good if you also weighed them to ensure it was not more mass to drive etc.
I have asked this very question before is there a better energy saving alternator.
Historically the alternator is the energy saver, over the generators of old but then what?? This is 50 years later?????
I myself found an 85A alternator from a Toyota camry to replace the 55 that was in my Kia. Then swapped in a much bigger pulley on it, I would like to think it did something good for my efforts other then break the cycle of replacing the new alternator every year issue my KIA had. Yes notoriously JUNK!