View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
broski499
EcoModding Apprentice

Boltar - '19 Chevy Bolt LT
Shoed Foot = Less MPG

I wear Rainbow sandals almost exclusively, I just can't think of why I would want to toss my feet in a closed space and subject them to socks. With that said it has been a rather chilly January in Southern California, and I decided to challenge myself to wear socks for the entire month of January. What I found was shoes are not that bad, but I also found that my MPG dropped. If you look at my fuel log I was getting 23 and 24 mpg pretty easy. I do a lot of around town driving so I was not expecting much from the Camry. But when I dawned shoes, I barely got 20 MPG with my last fillup. Since then I have purchased 2 new tires, got an alignment and new brakes(not really relevant to MPG, but anyway) and an oil change. With that said I'm still struggling to get 23 mpg. I'm hovering at 22.5 right now.

I'm going to do a test in February where I am barefoot every time I drive and will see if that changes my MPG at all.

I know this is not very scientific but has anyone else experience greater feeling of their cars, money spot, barefoot then in shoes.

Anyone else Rainbow Sandal Fan?