View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
top down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat_man View Post
Hello all,

I have tried searching but must not be using the right keywords so I am asking for a little help.

I am trying to find a picture or diagram of what the aero-template looks like from the top down and what the 3-d shape would look like from the front. As if it were coming straight at you.

I found this picture and wondered if the resulting outline of the template and inverted template made up the correct "top-down" view. If so, would the correct side taper be approx. 12*? I thought I had seen here that it should be closer to 7*.

I don't have any specific plans for the shape. I am just trying to learn more. I don't think I have ever seen a frontal representation of the "aero" shape here. Then again, I must be using the wrong keywords in my searches because I am pretty sure I have seen a top down view thread here somewhere and can't seem to find it.

Thanks.
A year or so ago I posted two additional views of the 'Template.' It was just a working drawing.One image was the top down,or plan-view of the 'Template.' When I saw your post the other day I looked for it,but was unable to locate it.
I'll look around some more.Sorry for the inconvenience.