View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
kanoshee
EcoModding Lurker

cammy - '98 Toyota Camry le
90 day: 29.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_silva88 View Post
imo the cheapest and easiest route to go would either be change to a numerically lower gear ratio or swap over to a straight 6 both are basic bolt ins most of the f150 ive seen with the 302 have 3.55s in the rear end. my straight six came with 3.08s and i recently picked up a complete rear end with 2.72s for cheap. just a few options i figured i throw out there for you
imo? wtf are they're so acronyms? lol (yes i did that on purpose) and it's 4wd so if we lower the rear end won't we have to lower the transfer case?
and we're definitely considering a new transmission no overdrive is killing it. but i don't really want to go chopping this truck up to a highway going thing it's a beast of an offroader and we use it for that not just fun we work alot back in the woods and she's really, really good there but every now and then we gotta make long highway trips and the drive to town is pretty long it's self what i really need is another truck lol but ain't got the money for that right now and i just think it'd be one hell of a self accomplishment to create my own system for this. i mean, we pull trees out and everything so straight-6 is probably not a good idea either but, as low as she is geared it would probably work out.