View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
RiderofBikes
EcoModding Apprentice

Pantry Boy Supreme (pbs) - '04 Volvo S80 T6 Premier

Front VG's?! yeah my fiesta mirrors were what i first thought of... But the shape itself, is nice and aero already, I think the main point to them was to reduce wind buffeting for a quieter presence. On the otherhand, IF those small, i mean small strifes are enough to create vortices, then why are all the others we see commercially produced so, huge! If you look at it, even the EVO's arent that big.
Also there is difference to the golf ball theory, because not all model of balls # of dimples/size/depth/dimple pattern are the same.. and the fact its not in ground effect while in flight. make for huge inconsistancies...

If this were the same case with VG theory, then why dont my mirrors have strifes on the bottom(technically there not in ground effect)? as well as on wings/spoilers?
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.