View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #5989 (permalink)
Vtecsauce
EcoModding Lurker

Vtecsauce - '98 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 33.25 mpg (US)
MPaulHolmes:

Here is a print screen of the throttle response with only 12v attached to the controller.

The gear ratio we are using is approximately 2.5:1 with teeth 35:14...

I believe we are getting a maximum motor current of 526A...using the hardware limiter board maximum, via the default "0" setting for maximum current.

The voltage measurement to the motor seems to be low...for example if only 1 volt goes to the motor I get only 500watts and not much will happen. The voltage max's out at about 25 volts under a slow moving scenario. By observation it seems that the voltage is not being applied to the motor, however it is readily available on the battery side.

So I guess the question is why is the voltage to the motor side so low? Can the motor be the problem?

Is the voltage being limited by the duty cycle? I am less familiar with how DC brushed motors utilize power, so some insight into how the controller produces the duty cycle would be helpful.

This is my understanding....the mosfets turn on/off at a high frequency; in the duty cycle "on" phase. So shouldn't the voltage rise to match my throttle position? i.e. jammin the throttle to the floor is full voltage, and then the mosfets turn off ? This on/off of the mosfets continues until 500 amps in the "ON" phase is achieved ? Then the "off" phase of the duty cycle occurs. Then the cycle continues?

Thanks in advance.