View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
88FieroGT
EcoModding Lurker

Access forbidden!

that link is to a nasa study about one way clutches for military application testings that I stumbled on.

got a little info as far as in excess of 500,000 cycles at max load of 875 with that particular one , but that equals out to less than 1.5hours at a constant 6000rpm for my application. But the torque difference is probably around 4+ times the maximum I picture exerted so still no idea how long it would last.

Also I think the testing methods said with limited oiling. But also cycles were farther apart than 100-200 cycles per second I think there testing wasnt even in the teens. Unsure if its feasible for my engine application....

I have 2 other ideas, one I have tried in a physics program and showed a promising 20-40% efficiency gain with just eyeballed tolerances and engineering so I expect that to be around the ballpark if not higher.

I have started to stumble upon similiar engine designs although not identical and far more complicated than they need be also. So I may not even after getting working prototypes be able to do anything with them.