View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #83 (permalink)
sheepdog 44

Suggestions:
Multiplication factor for road gradient. This would tell me how much horsepower and mpg changes to gradient so i could better adjust my commute. Also what the minimum negative grade is that i could sustain a coast in neutral at different speeds (terminal velocity). That way i could plan routes with the longest stretches of minimum negative grade for maximum P&G. It would also be useful to calculate the minimum hp needed for climbing when building a custom vehicle.

An way to easily convert to (EV) numbers like mpge, or wh/km. Do i just set the engine efficiency at 90%? It didn't turn out quite right when i did that. I wanted to put in the numbers for my gas insight, and see what what mpge id get for a conversion, then compare that to production EV's. And just fiddle with the CD to see how much better my numbers could get.

If it is possible to implement these changes, that would be great. But if not, i'd be happy if someone could provide me with a formula and i could do the calculations myself.