View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
nubbzcummins
EcoModding Lurker

The Odyssey Van - '11 Honda Odyssey EX-L
90 day: 29.1 mpg (US)

silver racecar - '13 hyundai accent GS
90 day: 38.8 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
Take a look at the timing advance number. I would bet dollars to donuts that the computer is pulling out timing during the lower RPMs. Your ECU is trying to prevent detonation by pulling timing and dumping in the fuel hence the low afr.

Like I said your fuel economy went up because the ECU was finally able to start to add timing as the RPMs went up.
Ya I know about the timing and fuel dumping and what you mentioned in earlier post..... I did not realize it could dump the fuel in closed loop though so that was unexpected when I saw that. I thought this could only be done with a piggyback or standalone controller..... At first I was like cool, closed loop=14.7 afr and wot, then look at afr and was in the low 13's and was like??? I meant to look at the timing numbers and totally forgot to probably due to the afr and closed loop throwing me off! That is another reason I am going to do this again to see what timing numbers are doing. Also going to test in different gears to see if it has the same correlation and if so at what point mpg will begin to fall off.