View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
dlb
EcoModding Lurker

new civic VX owner to the forum

hi all. i've always been pretty into fuel economy, though i'm far from the elite of hypermilers. i have had a love affair with 80's/early 90's toyota wagons for their durability, ease of maintenance, and good fuel economy, but i recently learned about honda civics exceptional fuel economy (specifically the VX) so we sold my wife's truck and found her a '92 VX. i have lots of experience working on older vehicles—toyota, ford, VW (ugh), some hondas—but am looking forward to becoming familiar with the VX. the one we bought needs some work before it will be a daily driver so i'm hoping to find a community of other VX owners to have fairly specific conversations with. i've tried some other civic forums and they've been very little help since a large part of that community likes to swap in more powerful, sporty engines, and don't have any VX-specific experiences.

i looked for a VX forum but couldn't find anything. i recently talked with another VX owner who said there used to be a VX forum but it didn't have enough traffic and shut down. i'm an optimist at heart though so i created a VX forum, in case anyone is interested in that. i don't know if i'm allowed to share the link to it here so if someone could let me know if that's ok, i would appreciate it.

thanks, looking forward to joining the convos here!