Thread: CRX HF steal
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
CRXellent
EcoModding Lurker

Honna - '91 Honda Civic EX Hatch

Potash - '91 Honda CRX HF
more info

Thanks for the welcome and comments.

Little more info as to why I am contemplating swaps. Shes got 295 on the odo, and smokes a bit, so at minimum rings, rods, mains, and a fresh head are in order.. so, if that's going to happen, I was pondering doing it on something else..don't HAVE to, just pondering!

In addition, there was a bit of horse trading with my friend, who owns the machine shop, I ended up giving him my 69 bug, converted to 96v electric drive, in exchange for "doing something neat" with the crx. ( please don't flame me all to dust for the bug trade, I commute 122 miles a day, and it just wont work for me, nothing in Utah is close enough in MY life, to run a vehicle with a 40 mile range, but he can ) therefore he is consenting to a lot of tech and trial and error, and using his connections for parts to help!

His shop builds hopped up 400 - 900hp ( on the dyno ) subaru sandrail engines, and is a large importer of used jap stuff as well. Onsite dyno, ECU remapping abilities, a lot of cool knowledge, and a old friend

We have for years messed around with engine swaps, transmission swaps, natural gas, propane, dual systems.. so its going to be more for fun, than a " cut a check, lets get this installed and seeya later" thing, if that makes any sense.

A million years ago, he sold me an 1800 cvcc engine which I put in my 77 civic, with a rare close ratio 5 speed, and that started the whole thing.. ( god I wish I had that car back now)

We are collecting the car to his shop Saturday, its about 75 miles away, and precautionary trailering it there is the plan. I will take pics and post, after its nested in a bay.

Sorry for rambling! I work a hideous shift, 330pm to 2am 5 days a week, with the 60.9 mi ea way commute, late night typing tends to be random!