View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #125 (permalink)
TedV
EcoModding Lurker

I thought the diesel bike forum was posted in this thread already. DieselBike.net • Index page Its off the parent site DieselBike.net | The Original Diesel Motorcycle website

Also, Craig Vetter had the Alcan Fairing in the design stage. The one off his wifes F650 thumper was listed for sale last time I saw. it will work for dual sport but from talking to him it reflects a good amount of engine noise back tot he rider.

I rode around on a CB250 while contemplating a diesel bike build. 20HP is not enough to run with interstate traffic and even back road traffic where I live. You must have aero and/or larger motor for Hwy cruising. Hills and gravity = going up. I have watched video of the 10hp bikes in europe. Scary!! your life is in the hands of the observant driver who is about to run you over. With US drivers, best have your life insurance paid up.

the ultima trans for Harley's have been used in several diesel builds and at $600 to $1000 they are decently priced and durable compared to lighter duty transmissions.