View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 06:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Johnny Mullet
Hi-Tech Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Mullet Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
I did not know what was internally causing the noise and the junkyard needed the core, so I happily gave it to them. It must have been the idler shaft bearings or support bearings that were bad.

I actually resize all my photos from 1200 resolution to 500 so it's easily seen on the forums and using .GIF makes editing (adding text) to them a lot clearer. A crappy computer has trouble scrolling down these pages with oversized images resized by the forum software.

I like the wheel covers also. I will be updating my fuel log in a day or so. I got 1/4 tank left and driven almost 400 miles on 7.5 gallons so far. This is gonna blow away my 53 MPG average. I never knew a bad trans could hurt the MPG so bad, but after the replacement I can feel the difference and the car coasts better and don't downspeed as bad in gear. I think removing that extra mirror was a big help also.

The MPG shown on the car's profile is without "Pulse and Glide", "Engine off Coasting", or any other extreme hypermiling techniques. I use most of the common sense tips, don't idle, monitor my vacuum gauge, drive slower, and I am happy with the outcome.

Fender skirts are on hold until I complete my partial grill block.

GeoMetroforum.com - got mpg?