View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
I thought I was out in the middle of nowhere, the very edge of civilization... but high traffic has invaded my neighborhood and will get exponentially worse this year.

Re: My town: Rather than ignore quality of life and land use issues by putting a bypass through a residential area, the two major employers- located right next to each other- could alleviate most short-term congestion by simply staggering shift times... DAH! Additionally, it seems one of those employers' purpose in life is to drag/entice as many people here to the middle of nowhere as possible, because to that one growing one's own cluster**** is the most awesomest thing ever, instead of simply locating to any number of existing cluster****s. BTW that business already has multiple locations; why they don't concentrate on the urban ones for future expansion is beyond me.

The other approach is to simply have an awareness of neighborhood quality of life issues and put a damned shortcut where it will do the most good AND not cut through established residential areas. The city pays some monkey $100,000/year to not be smart enough to do what I laid out in one sentence.