View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #465 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
All I can suggest is that you must have very effective filters on your input, since everything I see - not just media reports or scientific papers, but actual things happening out here in the real world - says that the world is following the simple physics model quite well.
Well, all I can tap is that I see more - all sides and none. If you came here and stated AGW didn't exist I would argue the opposite. If you said science is in the grip of a conspiracy I would argue against - I have in another thread on this - thats what some skeptics say.

My view is that if we are going to commit several $tn, and the future GDP of the world and probably the future wellbeing of those in the 3rd world (who don't seemingly have a choice) - I think we need to know everything, not just what one "set" of scientists or the WWF (who voted for them ?) say. That means questionning everything - including muppets who dismiss CO2 as a trace gas.

Because of this I would argue my filters are actually less restrictive than yours.

BTW I liked your energy saving. Do you think a lot can be applied to those who rent or live in a flat (aka appartment) instead of a house ?