View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #607 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I'm a software designer, but have a physics background and am dedicated to building the perfect car since I was 5.

My dad bought a Morris 1100 after 2 carless years since a horrible accident that we only survived due to our Daf's 750's safety cage (not common in those days) and the aftermarket seat belts my parents installed in it. That Daf slipped off the road and went over sideways 5 times, bouncing several meters high. All 5 in the tiny car survived, including me. I was just 3 years old then, these are my very first childhood memories.

I was dead scared of cars afterwards. When my dad bought that wonky Morris, he made clear to me that is was a safe and stable car, very unlike the Daf. And I believed him. And thought the world needed to know, at least anyone who dared wash their car in our neghborhood got my lecture on why they bought the wrong car and the Morris would be so much better.

As my father got wary of our complaining neighbors he tried to tell me that although he had good reason to buy the Morris, is was not the best car in the world and I should not say so.
This 5 year old was shocked to the bone but not giving in lightly. So, I asked him what then would be the best car in the world if the Morris 1100 wasn't?
He hesitated and said; Well maybe the Rolls Royce is.
I would not take it. I asked: So, what is its turning circle? And its fuel economy(!)? Is it cheap?

Ever since then, I never let down on my plan to one day build the best car in the world.
Seats 5, better FE than average, less weight than average, 5 stars in collision safety, cheap to build, good turning cycle, etc.
I got that plan, I have a design.
Now just wait till I get lots of time and money.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 02-10-2013 at 06:50 PM..