Thread: WTB CRX stuff
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
CRXellent
EcoModding Lurker

Honna - '91 Honda Civic EX Hatch

Potash - '91 Honda CRX HF
WTB CRX stuff

Hello all,

Figured this would be a better place to post wanting to BUY !

I have a good position to be in for eco-purchases, as some things are worn out and NEED replaced on "potash".

Wheels Seats, and Fenders are on the agenda first.

The Stock 13 steel wheels are bent, and have dangerously bad tires.
Looking for - something! VX or HX wheel tire set?
Anybody looked at the weight on Kosei K1 TS Version 14" Racing Wheels? Their blurb says 9.3 lbs.. thoughts?
Anyone selling? I do not need showroom clean, just good to run and LIGHT.

Drivers side fender is destroyed. Stock? junkyard? What about the fiberglass aftermarket pairs in the $150 range . Some of those have odd strakes and whatnot, but two for the price of a reproduction steel, don't know if they would be worth doing or not. I cannot however, justify the $600 a pair for carbon fibers..

HF Transaxle OR GEARS!
As it turns out my newly acquired HF had in fact been modified at some time and now sports the mid range transaxle. 2800rpm at 70 growl.

I have the mechanical ability to put the taller HF 5th in the current one, however all my searches on the gear part numbers pulled up "not available" " out of stock " or " no longer produced " ..
Anyone got a set kicking about?

Seats are thrashed all the way down to steel ribs in certain spots.

I found a local set of pristine 96-00 Si seats, which would take modifying of pans to fit for $150, any thoughts of light weight seats? I did find out a lot of people with the super light racing seats didn't end up actually saving any weight, and did not like the comfort level at all.

Ken