View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
elepski
EcoModding Lurker

Juggernaut - '06 Ford F-150 XL
90 day: 18.26 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
The first video got silly in the end by saying it's a perpetual car, if an on board generator is put on to charge it self. If anything it started it's own myth. Perpetual motion!!!

I sure the car is Legit, but the video producer didn't know what he was talking about.

It's not free. I the same webpage i mentioned, annual cost is expected to be $220. That will pretty much from the power used to compress the air.
I agree with you there on the perpetual motion junk they mentioned...that is just hype...

However, that van is PRIME for a nice high watt solar array on the roof... one that could help to recharge the system on sunny days while it sits in a parking lot... depending on the system and exposure time.. it could recharge most of not all of the air consumed while it sits... This would not be perpetual motion.. but it could help with the time between top offs of air. And yes the air IS free.. the Method of Compressing it is not. but the annual cost of running a compressor is much lower than the cost of adding petrol... so free?... no.. better?... by far yes....