Thread: Back pressure
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
kanoshee
EcoModding Lurker

cammy - '98 Toyota Camry le
90 day: 29.18 mpg (US)
Back pressure

is it necessary? i have a 98 2.2 camry the codes i'm reading suggest my catalytic converter is bad so i'm wondering if cutting it out would be good for my fuel efficiency i have NO care about performance or speed in this car just comfort and fuel efficiency i have the capability to gut it out but does my engine need backpressure? should i get a "high flow" cat,no cat, gutted cat, new exhaust piping all together? i was thinking of replacing my muffler because the current one is HEAVY i think i'm gonna put the one off my old wrecked 89 camry on. also before i bought it it ran on 1-3 cylinders so there is ALOT of soot in my exhaust is it worth trying to get out? and what if i took my current exhaust manifold off and polished it? stacy david of gears suggested it lol
also the bend for my o2 sensor gets really small should that be dealt with or not? my exhaust has been welded on and patch so many times it changes from stock pipe to slightly bigger pipe 4 times it has one convertor one resonator and one muffler i'll post pictures tommorow.