View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drainoil View Post
I wish you were closer.
Well it's not going anywhere anytime soon, so if either of y'all ever end up closer to here then you are welcome to a tour of the Island of Misfit Eco-Cars! Buy 3, get the 4th one free lol. Only problem is that unless you are within reasonable driving distance of Vancouver, the eco cars in my stash really aren't worth what it would cost to ship them somewhere further away. If gas prices spiked then maybe it would be, but spending $1000 to ship a $350 car seems counterproductive. But at the same time, I hate seeing this stuff go to waste, even though no one locally wants it. I make it no secret that I am in the car business for a living, but I deal with exporting things like a 2009 F350 Powerstroke diesel to the USA. Eco-cars are just something I like, and because of what I do for a living I see a lot of them available, for cheap. In the 1980s, muscle cars were cheap. Then in the early 1990s they spiked, to crazy levels. I think old eco cars will be similar. We've already seen it with the Metro's pulling big money on eBay a few years ago when gas was super expensive. But I would rather sell my stash for cheap to people that appreciate it and will make use of it, but at the same time if that doesn't happen, I won't say no to making some dough off of it ha ha

P.S. the Insight twins are not for sale lol.

Last edited by War_Wagon; 02-13-2013 at 03:28 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to War_Wagon For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (02-17-2013)