View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #124 (permalink)
Eli81
EcoModding Lurker

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would chime in here.

First, DO NOT buy cells from Yabo. I'm not just saying this because I'm biased towards my own company, I'm saying it as an Insight enthusiast. I would never recommend them when cells like the ones we sell are available.

They are assembling the rejected cells from my manufacturer into sticks. These rejected cells are normally sold for Industrial Lighting purposes, where the differing cell to cell internal resistance and other defects do not matter. The specifications they list are a lie and are the specifications for the qualified cells, NOT the failed ones.

These cells WILL have poor cycle life in the demanding HEV environment. Yabo is lucky the car is so self compensating. It's likely these rejected cells will last a couple of years, which will probably just get them by.

However, that's not what Bumblebee is about. We don't want to sell you a product that is just going to get you by for a couple of years. We want to sell you a truly outstanding product that is going to last many, many years while providing plenty of assist power. Otherwise, I would be selling the garbage 10,000mAh cells that Mike and I tested. Or I wold be selling the Yabo cells, for that matter.

[erm, can't link until I get 5 posts under my belt - search the 1st gen Insight forum for "Sucre" on Insightcentral.net to see our testing of the 10,000mAh cells]

This is why we go through and check every single cell, in every single pack that we sell. Failures happen, it's a fact of life. Our goal is to minimize those failures while also helping to deliver the best balanced and best performing IMA battery pack that you can buy.

Regarding shipping - Our shipping cost is $195, which does include the return shipment of your core battery; a pre-paid return label is included with the new battery.

DIY Kit - It's your job to transfer over the PTC strips from your old sticks. New heat shrink is included for this purpose.

I'd be happy to answer any and all other questions people may have, and I'll try and read through more than just the last few posts of this thread if I can find some time.

Last edited by Eli81; 02-19-2013 at 03:49 PM..