View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #138 (permalink)
ncdave4life
EcoModding Lurker

PTC strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by microhybrid View Post
Our stick is 6500mAh when new...

It is really hard for me to explain techniquely for my bad English, if anyone has any doubt, I would be glad to answer any question if you don't mind to read my bad written English.
Thank you for joining this conversation, microhybrid. Don't worry about your English, it is good enough to convey your meaning.

Are you a representative for Yabo, or a Yabo reseller, or what?

Also, I am puzzled about one thing: Can you please tell me what you do about the PTC strips? Most of the photos of your batteries on Alibaba show them in green heat-shrink, which would seem to mean that the PTC strips are already attached - is that right?

Does that mean that you have a source for PTC strips (temperature sensors), and you include them in the assembled battery sticks?

Or are you substituting a plain metal strip?

Or do you require that installers salvage the PTC strips from old batteries and attach them (which must mean that the photos showing batteries already in green shrink-wrap are wrong)?

You probably saw Eli's message about Bumblebee's DIY (do-it-yourself) kit. They ship the batteries without the heat-shrink tubing in place, and the installer must salvage the PTC strips from old batteries. Bumblebee's kit includes un-shrunk heatshrink tubing, which the installer must shrink with a heatgun after afixing the salvaged PTC strips. What does Yabo do about this?

Thank you in advance for clarifying this!

Dave

Last edited by ncdave4life; 02-20-2013 at 03:12 PM..