View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #492 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Some other news. Dr Pachauri (who is not a climate scientist but leads the IPCC apparently because he is the most qualified) and Dr Hansen have accepted the "no warming for 15 years" argument.

However

Quote:
Dr Pachauri said a warming pause would have to last 30 to 40 years "at least" to break the long-term warming trend.
So by definition that idea that NOAA had about the 15 year limit to "invalidate models" in their 2008 report, and the recent Met Office model "recalibration" are obviously premature.

The Bank of England has had a go at green subsidies too, you know - the ones we don't need because renewables are cheaper according to the report linked to by James above...

BTW Australia has a carbon tax - this guy explains it nicely, and tax generally in a funny way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WGHY8XpM6oI

Quote:
He said: “It’s a bit of an own goal as it looks as if inflation is worse without any change in the underlying behaviour of the economy. Tuition fees [and] ... prices charged by utilities – to pay for green charges, green policies – are pushing up administered prices in a way that [is] ... self inflicted in terms of damage done to real take home pay.”
Also the Amazon Rain Forest seems OK too at the moment. Policies to see it preserved seem a good idea to me though.

Quote:
The boost to growth from CO2, the main gas from burning fossil fuels blamed for causing climate change, was likely to exceed damaging effects of rising temperatures this century such as drought, it said.

"I am no longer so worried about a catastrophic die-back due to CO2-induced climate change," Professor Peter Cox of the University of Exeter in England told Reuters of the study he led in the journal Nature. "In that sense it's good news."
So it looks like the world is performing like a child in middle school - doing OK but could do better if we tried harder.

Goodnight all.