View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
Potenza
EcoModding Lurker

Pretty sure I got them right. I have the service manual and wrote it out, cylinders 4, 3, 2, 1 from left to right (standing in front of the car). I adjusted them all to the tighter end of the clearance specs. But if I got the cylinders mixed up there would be a lot worse consequence than loud tapping though, right?

Anyway as a reminder this is the 1 intake, 2 exhaust setup. Of course it was always going to be just an experiment - obviously the cam was not engineered for this, so that may be part of the issue. Or maybe the stock intake manifold is not the right compliment for this setup. (It's the "downdraft" economy throttle body manifold. D16Y7.)

Again I will try to leave it go for a bit to get some definitive fuel economy results, but I just hope I'm not harming the engine. I put 93 grade gas in to hopefully help with the pinging. I noticed the coolant temp hit 202 on the ScanGauge just before I parked it, when it never goes over 197 usually. Hmm.

But just as much as fuel economy, a main goal was to get some added torque down low, and that certainly has not happened.