Thread: Heated Fuel
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #42 (permalink)
forgottenmindset
testing the waters

Good observation,

I agree with you, vaporization does increase usable energy. But in real world conditions, it may not work on just any car. There are other factors that were acknowledged to make this small increase viable. Also, you have to keep in mind the boiling point of the individual ingredients in the fuel, or you could have vapor lock possibly. Vapor carbs are a little mythical, but I've heard a story that it was once used in racing to increase either power of fuel efficiency, but again, it depends on the other engine operating factors. There's also the story of the guy from Arizona or Nevada(?) who made a vapor carb run on a big huge ford that got 100 miles per gallon. A newspaper did a story on it, but the guy magically vanished or died of personal problems supposedly (alcohol I think was the story), but you never know. He had some kind of magical black box that made it all work, but know one knew what it was since he died before anything came to fruition. He called it a filter though. The car was hard to start, but once it did it drove great apparently. The engine heated the small gas tank to a boil and the vapor was pulled into the motor as fuel, probably mixing with a highly secret a/f ration in his vapor carb and "filtered" with his little black box. But I think fuel was more potent back then, certainly less refined and with less additives (the 70s).

I wonder about this honda thing, I'm surprised they used it even though they said it wasn't a significant increase in fuel preservation (2%?). It does reduce power while decreasing fuel consumption to a point where it doesn't help any more (at 80 - 90 C)

It's amazing but I subscribed to this thread years ago. Just got a haunting email from the forum about it.

Last edited by forgottenmindset; 02-24-2013 at 10:50 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to forgottenmindset For This Useful Post:
Christ (02-26-2013)