View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #87 (permalink)
orangustang
Saturn Freak

Freddy - '95 Saturn SL2
Team Saturn
90 day: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seifrob View Post
As for ground plane alignment kept while resizing - I have already tried but it was too much fuss for problematic result. I will give it a try one more time though.
I did some tinkering and came up with this. It's not perfect, but I need to sleep. Ground plane alignment should at least be close enough that you don't have to adjust every time you zoom one step, so I'm willing to call it a good enough solution for the time being.

weirdcalculator.com/test/aero_template

For the future:
  • I'm fairly sure I got the calculations right, but it still jumps around a little due to rounding. Also, I'm pretty sleepy, so there's a chance I might have messed something up terribly. I will revisit this issue.
  • The ground is not at the same height (from top) in the two templates, so I will likely have to resize one to make them both work right.
  • For anyone with side shots that aren't exactly level, I have a CSS trick up my sleeve so you won't have to use photo editing software to get it to line up. I will try to get around to implementing it this week (shouldn't be as difficult as the ground plane problem, as I have already done most of the work for another project).