View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #40 (permalink)
wmjinman
Master EcoModder

Jimmy - '00 GMC Jimmy SLT
90 day: 21.18 mpg (US)

The White Gnat - '99 Suzuki Swift
Team Suzuki
90 day: 51.87 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrel View Post
I hope you don't mind me cheating and using some of your information, as I don't have the time or money to put up "testing routes" for future mods. I envy your ambition though!

Keep up the good work!
Thank YOU! And I don't think it's "cheating" at all - I think the whole idea for this site is to share what we've learned. I could probably just skip all the testing and do what they say on here will work. But I'm curious and want to find out how these mods effect MY car. Also, I'm a bit of a "geek" and love experimenting. - and I'm retired, so that helps!! Maybe it's my "hobby".

But also, when I started, all the information seemed to be for the earlier model THREE cylinder Metros. After reading the 4 cylinder gets worse mileage, AND the later model gets worse mileage, I was worried - and curious, because I have hit 50 MPG on the highway in this car before. So I guess my "thing" is to see how good a later model, 4 cylinder Swift can do.

As soon as I start getting some more solid results, I plan to start a thread in the "Success Stories" area that concentrate on the results/improvements I get. I'm in the process of building my "hand throttle" now, since I don't have a cruise control.

One thing for sure, though - block off that grille and you'll see a couple more MPG right there!!!

Bill