View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
razor02097
Master EcoModder

Tetanus - '95 Geo Tracker 4WD Base
90 day: 29.43 mpg (US)

300 - '82 Suzuki GS300 L
Last 3: 60.78 mpg (US)

Jeep - '98 Jeep XJ Cherokee Limited
90 day: 12.82 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by briank View Post
It can be amusing at times when I pass the typical gearhead driver that was trying with all his might, and the light turns green just as I'm passing him in the other lane. If he does make up a little time with his racing, those few seconds made up are all lost (and more) with the extra time at the pit stop (fueling).
The term "gear head" refers to an enthusiast of vehicles of one or more type that enjoys wrenching on their own vehicles. Gear head has nothing to do with driving style or techniques. Please don't insult me and millions more by stereotypically grouping us in with stupid drivers.

Time made up during a trip does not translate to a longer fuel stop. When a vehicle requires fuel typically it gives you notice and you refuel at your convenience. I have yet to see a driver peel off from a light then into a fuel station to top off the fuel he wasted.

If you ever have to come to Ohio just be aware that when coasting up to stop lights or stop signs don't be surprised the guy behind you guns it past you only to cut you off which causes you to brake.

Project Avalon: E bike build