View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Personally, I'd never get a hybrid gasser instead of a Diesel. And this so-called "micro-hybrid" system featured in the 508 e-HDi delivers a good balance between performance, safety and fuel savings.
I would still consider one, I am considering this one - see the first post

For an average (non-hypermile) driver you get savings, 5-10 MPG a tank between this petrol hybrid and a diesel estate we had before. If that diesel had been a petrol then the MPG difference would have been more, but the overall fuel cost saving probably about the same - diesel is about 5-10p more here per litre than petrol due to tax.

One good thing the displays do encourage eco-driving to some extent - when not in a hurry Mrs A will go for high MPG - highest tank average is in the mid-60s.

As I tapped in the first post, if depreciation takes its toll and the lease company are in agreement and we can afford it I would look to keeping it for myself and selling the Aygo. For Mrs A (who can spend journeys of 4-5 hours at a time in it) the rattles get wearing. I rarely do more than an hour and am happy with a loud radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
One feature I really dislike regarding hybrids such as the Prius is the absence of a spare wheel, which for me is a must due to the road conditions back here in Brazil
I found this in the back of our Prius a few minutes ago, maybe someone left it by accident ?