View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
calfianu
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to calfianu
Our own car designs

Replying to someone I suggested some of my designs and I was asked to open a topic related to this so questions will be asked and answers will follow. I will start with the latest design:
1. Project Bullet. When I was young(er) the Sailplane IS 28B2 was part of my life. From that time I fall for the shape of the cockpit. Was a two seater. Was a good start for a energy rational car.

Then I had a problem with the aesthetics of the area where the wings are attached to the fuselage and also with the poor stability of a three wheels car. The solution I had in my head was to integrate 2 10 HP electrical engine in the rear wheels hub and use a diesel generator. No large capacity battery, they cannot store (imho) sufficient energy. I need at lease 70 km daily autonomy. So the look become:
Obviously the direction is controlled by stick and pedals for throttle and brake.
2. The same idea of tandem car, but with a touch of more automotive than aeronautical style:
3. The third idea was a tentative to refine an older design
Severe wheels fairings, Two side by side car with an ope-able cockpit in the same style like Striling Nova kit car. ( The front wiper parked in the center of the windshield and a-pillars moved rearwards to improve visibility. A huge diffuser on the rear: The Perspective view looks really bad (is an isometric) so ...The initial idea was:
4. Another design was done to participate on Peugeot design contest. It was not even between first 30. In fact I admit the art is poor in this design.
I noticed that for this kind of contests the concept doesn't have to be really a car, no practical constraints to be taken in consideration, but a lot of imagination. I am too much an engineer.... The idea was to position the seats in a way, than if not necessary two of them to be covered by an alternative body, like a module and leave a tandem disposition for two seats. The reason is clear, to reduce the frontal area.. The same big diffuser and glass roof.

Other one without special comments:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1107545...870/MyDesigns#

Last edited by calfianu; 03-04-2013 at 03:42 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calfianu For This Useful Post:
cfg83 (03-05-2013), Jyden (03-04-2013), Vekke (03-15-2013)