View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Interesting project. But have you never considered to turbocharge the engine?

I like the Opel Eco-Speedster (and also the regular Speedster) too. Someday I'll still build a replica of it...
Sure I have turbocharged small diesel engines before with success. I have also used water/methanol injection on them. Both work well and do help reduce pollutants. I will most likely do it with this vehicle as well however this is not my first objective. This will most likely come last as the vehicle has been completed and tested.

I hope you or somebody makes an Eco-Speedster replica that is one awesome car. It is funny you brought that up because my friend still has a VW 3 cylinder 1.4L TDI waiting for me if I want it. I thought this would be the perfect motor to use as a reproduction eco-speedster build. This was the direction I was going to initially go but then decided to go with a hybrid design which now that I am immersed in I could have saved myself much money just going with the TDI!

Oh well besides there are currently so many cars that can go fast why add another LOL. I think it would be equally spectacular to design and build a vehicle that has incredible range that is quite capable at freeway speeds as well. Truth be told I rarely get over 80mph last time was months ago in fact. Range is much more useful to me and many others I do believe. So range is at the heart of the project Tigon and that will be my focus for this hybrid.

GreenHornet