View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #537 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Another triple post, Arragonis. The rest of us need to hold our end up.

In the USofA, in the anti-war movement of the 1960's what we learned is "to fight it is to feed it". To focus on political machinations is to court madness; the abyss stares back.

The social anarchist solution would be to just go out and create the solutions directly and not even ask politics to stop screwing up.

R. Buckminster Fuller, who refered to himself as 'Guinea Pig B', saw his life as an experiment to see what one person could do:

"I AM NOW CLOSE TO 88 and I am confident that the only thing important about me is that I am an average healthy human. I am also a living case history of a thoroughly documented, half-century, search-and-research project designed to discover what, if anything, an unknown, moneyless individual, with a dependent wife and newborn child, might be able to do effectively on behalf of all humanity that could not be accomplished by great nations, great religions or private enterprise, no matter how rich or powerfully armed."
from the forward to Inventions

NeilBlanchard -- Highly efficient (DC?) transmission, pumped storage in the mountain-tops or flywheels, base load from Moon power, opportunistic harvesting of solar (wave, wind, solar), peak demand met with localized solutions (methane, geothermal). It ain't rocket science. Or is it?

An electrical inter-tie cross the Bering Strait would for more for peace than anything else could, IMHO.

Last edited by freebeard; 03-07-2013 at 12:26 AM..